Article provided by: Artistic Oceans
Las Vegas Tropical Fish Store
If you love the peaceful ambiance provided by a healthy aquarium, but you're not sure you want to commit to a purchase, visit our Las Vegas tropical fish store and ask us how you can lease a populated aquarium to enjoy in your home or office for as long as you like.
If you do want to purchase a tank and set it up, we can tell you everything you need to know about which plants and fish will do best in your particular situation. Do you have space to set up a 120 gallon saltwater tank, or is a small tabletop tank more suitable? Either way, plants are a nice addition that help to keep the water pristine while providing tasty snacks for your underwater pets.
Plants preferred by aquarium hobbyists
* Java moss is a popular plant that offer hiding places for shy shrimp and small fishes. Best added to tanks with rocks or driftwood, Java moss is easy to plant and easy to maintain. To adhere to wood or stone, tie young moss gently with a rubber band until roots form and grab onto the surface where you wish the moss to grow. Otherwise, Java moss tends to float on the surface of the aquarium water.
* Amazon Sword is another easy to grow aquarium plant that you'll find at our Las Vegas tropical fish store. Able to thrive in low light conditions, Amazon Sword is one of the best plants for first-time aquariums. It will grow quite large, so this aquatic plant is ideal for larger tanks.
* For smaller tanks, Anubias and Anubias Nana are great choices. Typically sold already attached to driftwood, this freshwater plant grows slowly and won't overcrowd your aquarium. For best results, find an Anubias that is already the size you want.
* Hornwort is not hard to keep healthy and is quite versatile in its ability to adapt to numerous tank temperatures and conditions. Plant hornwort in substrate, or allow it to float freely on the aquarium surface. Either way, you'll provide security and food for smaller fish and shrimps.
* Pygmy chain sword is yet another underwater plant that does well in home aquariums. Also known as Narrow Leaf, this pretty plant is right for expert hobbyists and newcomers to the wonderful underwater world of tropical fish tanks. It doesn't grow very tall, so most people plant is close to the side of the aquarium.
Let there be light
Remember, your underwater plants need light, so be sure to provide full-range fluorescent lighting to illuminate your aquariums while giving your plants everything they need to perform the photosynthesis that adds oxygen to aquarium water. Don't worry about remembering all this right now. When you visit out Las Vegas tropical fish store, we can tell you everything you need to know about the soothing hobby of aquarium keeping.
Setting up a tank and keeping it healthy isn't rocket science, but there are maintenance tasks that are crucial to know about. Not everyone has the time or interest in doing the work it takes to set up and maintain an aquarium, but that doesn't mean they can't enjoy a beautiful tank filled with pretty aquatic animals and plants. Artistic Oceans is pleased to present for-lease quality aquaria in sizes that range from 20 to 120 gallons.
Find Artistic Oceans conveniently located at 6820 West Sahara. For driving directions and store hours, you are welcomed to call 702-405-6732. We look forward to meeting you and sharing the information you need to set up an aquarium and keep it healthy for years.
Las Vegas Tropical Fish Store
We Specialize In:
6820 W Sahara Ave #3Las Vegas NV 89146
View Larger Map
We welcome your comments!
Aquarium Quartz Stones
7822 Lee Rd. 146.